We are looking for two Backend Developer(s) responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the frontend. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of frontend technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Our backend is mostly written in Node.js. We are currently using Amazon Web Services (AWS) for hosting.
You will work with passionate product, scientist and engineering people to build growth impacting features.
You will ensure a high standard of coding, following best practices and continuous integration processes (tests, monitoring, instrumentation). Tests will be an integral part of your work, and you will be responsible for the code you produce.
• Proven experience in server side development - must able to write code that holds for millions of users.
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by a frontend developers with server side logic
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use
• Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
• Implementation of security and data protection
• Design and implementation of data storage solutions
• Ideally you have already worked with distributed systems and you know how to develop code that hold for millions of users simultaneously.
• Contributing / Maintaining of heavy traffic environments (HFT, RTB, …)
• Experience with software engineering best practices (testing, code reviews, continuous integration, design documentation…)
• Self-organized, proactive with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
• Cost awareness related to the server.
Hope that you will apply! It is a really challenging and fun job.
Press the green button below to apply. You apply via email.